Friday, March 31, 2023

A SEWING SUCCESS!

The homeschooler I am teaching sewing has completed another success!  She sewed the blocks together, quilted the top and yesterday, she learned how to make a lapped zipper on the back!  I love to see the confidence she is gaining over the weeks we have been working together!
After our morning of sewing, I finished the work on this bowl at the lathe.  There is a fault in the center of the bowl-no matter what I do, the center is pithy but I think I have it stabilized with the Shellac.  If I worked the area any more, I would've put a hole there so the bit of irregularity is a better solution!  This one is made from Poplar, 6" across and 4' high.  
 

8 comments:

  1. The irregularity is just a design feature! Cute pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your student! She did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe that my ugly poplar can turn into something so pretty! Lovely pillow. It looks very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bowl is beautifully shiny! Congrats to your student. Her pillow is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful finish! And a gorgeous bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your student did a great job on that pillow. It is so cute and springy. I can't even put a zipper in decently so she's waaaay ahead of me.
    Love the bowl as always. Irregularity makes it individual and only adds to it's value. There is none other like it. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...