Wednesday, March 15, 2023

A HIKE

It's fun to explore what is close to home-this trail has several banks and gullies where the sand erodes from around tree roots and expose some of the beauty that was under the ground.  These trunks are all connected-it was fascinating to follow the ways the touch!
This are is about 15' across with all of these 'straws' hanging down-
...which belongs to this 40' cabbage palm tree!
The width of this trunk-under the ground' would never be noticed until it is exposed!
I loved the way this trunk has a 5' hollow area!  Wouldn't it be fun to fill it with fairies and their houses!
And back at my house, the ground orchid is just covered with flower clusters since we had 1" of rain twice this last week!  The sunshine and rain has greened up the whole lawn--it is beautiful again!
 

5 comments:

  1. It’s that time of year again! …it’s always miraculous how everything is renewed. Pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at tree roots like that - there is an area along one of the trails I walk where I can see them. Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the same thing happening along our creek. The erosion is exposing the root systems of some big birch trees we have out back. It's just a matter of time before they topple over. It's going to be a mess fishing them out of the creek when they go. They are huge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature is amazing. Looks like a great hike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see how things come alive in the spring. Thanks for taking us with you on your hike.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...