Saturday, February 25, 2023

WHERE I'VE BEEN!

Thursday I went with a friend to an absolutely excellent plant nursery!  We enjoyed the many garden areas and bought several plants to commemorate the day! All of the plants are started and grown by them for our planting zone 9 , all native plants , so they are all success stories!
This is an ever bearing cherry tomato plant--for Bill who loves them and will enjoy keeping this one alive for his own tasting pleasure!
I bought myself a Soap Nut tree-I don't know everything about it yet, but it grows nuts which are used as a soap-I've got a lot of learning to do before this starts to grow its fruit!  It will grow up to 30' tall-we will have to find the right spot for it!  
This little guy is a guava tree and will produce fruit next year!  It will be in the new grove we have started in our side yard!
And yestereday, Mary and I went to the Daytona Beach AQS  Quilt Show!  What a great day!
There were many quilts which caught my attention but this is one I will actually make!  A QOV, of course!  Today I will be home (phew) and will sew on the latest quilt to get it off the design wall and into a top!  
 

9 comments:

  1. Fun plants, and such fun adventures! I love the offset stars on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun days!! That nursery looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going next year!! I may have to shut out my mom and sister from the condo, but it's going on my calendar! LOL. You have been busy! Love the baby sweater, I may need to find a quick pattern to make one for Rowdy's arrival. Those tumbled rocks are gorgeous!! Good luck on the crochet project, it would kill my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day. The soap nut tree sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy. All of the plants look interesting to me. Especially the guava tree. I would love to be able to grow fruit in the yard and I really like guava. The soap nut tree sounds like it will be fun to watch bear fruit. You'll have to show us when the time comes. And of course the quilt show would be so fun to go to. I like that quilt with the stars in a crooked row. Bless you for making the Quilts of Valor. You are appreciated my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been itching to get over to the nursery for some plants but I know it's too early. Even though it feels and looks like spring we still have to get through March before anything can go outside. The quilt show looks like fun. I can only imagine how much inspiration you could pick up from something like that. I haven't been to a fiber fest in three years and I really miss the mojo you pick up from being with "our people"...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun! I did some reading on the use of soap nuts, and it's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder where the name soap nut came from. Looks like you've been having some fun adventures. At the moment, we are supposed to get some snow, but this afternoon I finally pruned our roses as our temps actually got up into the forties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd really like to try some soap nuts but don't think I'd find them around here. Hope your tree fruits successfully. Sounds like you had a good couple of days -- friends, plants and quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...