Wednesday, October 25, 2023

---------INTERUPTION FOR A BIRTHDAY HUG! -----A PLACE TO STUDY AND SEA CREATURES-



I want to wish a very happy birthday to my Mom who turned 88 today!  You have been such an incredible influence in my life.
  I'm so grateful to God for the gift of you!
Bill helped me put this together yesterday. It is the desk unit I purchased to replace the antique library desk
 (which has moved into the guest room). 
 See the two empty shelves?!  I will have to see what I can place there-a plant, books, bric-a-brac?  I will have to stage a few ideas before I settle for one!
I have added a new creature to the menagerie;  an octopus!  
He is about 4-5" sitting  the legs are another 5-6'.  you don't have to sew the legs in place!  She has devised a great way to make the legs, keep the bottom flat and for the legs to splay nicely while sitting!

I will try another one today, similar to the little jellyfish.  
 

5 comments:

  1. So cute!!! And a huge happy birthday to your Mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents are just the coolest! Too see them so happy and healthy at their age is such a blessing. I think everyday about what my parents missed out on and it breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Happiest of Birthdays to your Mom. She's looks wonderful in the photo. Your new desk area will be great for you and I always love having a place to display fun things in the craft room.
    Your new octopus is great. Love the tentacles curling down.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your mom had a nice celebration! Love your latest creations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...