Friday, October 20, 2023

A SECRET DRAWER!

When we bought this house, it was in rough shape and any items left in the house were transported to the dump.  Except for this table.  It was pretty and in good shape--I gave it a good dusting is all!  I am getting a new desk and shelf unit, so I have been cleaning out this corner.  While I was sitting  on the floor in front of the desk sorting, I noticed 'slots; at each end of the decorative area on the front of the desk.  Since there were no knobs, I pulled at the scallop at the bottom and to my surprise,
 it opened a drawer!!!!
It held no surprise treasures--not even a scrap of newspaper!  There was some musty dust is all! lol
It's since been cleaned out and now holds my diamond dotz project!  I also removed the drawer to wax the slides
 because they were sticky.

When I turned the drawer over, I could still read the label.  To my surprise, this library desk is valuable!  I think it will stay in the family for now, though.

I did finish the second crocheted hat in the smaller size-
it fits much better!  
 You can see how it forms 4 perfect seams at the back.  No bulk to this beanie--and it is stretchy yet fitted!  There will be more made, of  that you can be sure!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a Nancy Drew mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a fun an mysterious surprise. I was waiting to see what was in the drawer, hoping for...I don't know what! But something old and that would lead to another clue somewhere and on and on. I think I've read too much! :-) It is a beautiful table though and I would definitely keep it.
    Blessings and hugs.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun surprise! Interesting hat; it almost looks knitted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...