Wednesday, October 11, 2023

TINY BABY STUFF

When I turned in the many kids' quilts, the woman who I met, Chris, said she would call with other needs.  A week later, she called to ask if I could make some 25" layered covers for the incubators in the NICU.  They had to be flannel on one side, which wrapped around to the top which had to be quilter's cotton
 with no batting between the layers. 
 No problem!
  I plucked a bit from the stash for the prototypes.

I will be making them gender specific because the parents will be taking the blankets home with the babies!  
I worked the bugs out on the first two--I will be buying more flannel--I have enough for 6 tops as far as the cotton goes but I don't have any more flannel--
a fabric store stop will be happening soon! lol

First stop today is to my doctor to get some help to put an end to the cluster migraines that have incapacitated me!
Headaches make my meager brain power to be seriously compromised!


 

6 comments:

  1. Hope you can get relief from the migrains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meager brain?! If your brain is meager, I hate to think what mine would be classified as. I can't remember like I used too and I didn't know much to begin with! I hope your doctor has a fix for those migraines for you.
    Those blankets will be absolutely perfect and I thank you for making them.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thing to do! I feel you on the migraine front! They are so incapacitating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! What a great gift to send new parents home with. Most baby blankets are too big for tucking newborns into their carriers or strollers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blankets
    but ugh on the headaches!!! I am so sorry about those! hope he gave you something to fix it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...