Saturday, October 7, 2023

MISS D'S QUILT SHOW '23

This woman entered several of this style of quilts!
  They were all amazing!
One of the ladies at our church entered this one!
This log cabin was unique because of the addition of real log cabin houses throughout the quilt!
Turtle cuteness!
Beautiful applique work!
There were several with this muted palette-just gorgeous!
And then there were raw applique and bright colors.
A quilt for Valerie!
My favorite of the show was this needle turned quilt in the Hawaiian style.
It was her amazing use of Batik fabrics that gave this incredible use of color shifting for the vines and blocks!
The Flamingo Dance quilt I recognized from the Jacksonville Show!
And we have disaster in the studio.....one of the wheels on my machine (they allow the machine to glide in any direction-there are 8 of them) has split apart and the machine is unable to move smoothly, if at all!!!!   It is $250 to replace the wheels with the NEW system of wheels;  they are not sold individually! My machine is around 35 years old so I am stuck for a while which is really sad since I have a quilt loaded on it and a bunch of ideas percolating in my head!!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. That was definitely a fun day of seeing lots of eye candy for you. Those quilts are spectacular. Everytime I thought, "that's my favorite," another beautiful one appeared. I do miss the Spokane County Fair. They always had dozens and dozens of quilts entered.
    So sorry about your machine. Nothing is ever an easy fix anymore is it? Well, it's not like you have no other hobbies to keep you entertained while you wait for your wheels is it? Ha!
    Have a wonderful Saturday!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow!!! What a bunch of beauties! The first one is just amazing.

    That's a bummer about your machine. My sewing machine is acting up right now and I'm afraid it might be on its last legs. It's old too but the new fangled ones scare me. All I need is a needle that goes up and down and maybe sometimes goes a little side to side. Everything else is just a repair bill waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts! I wouldn’t be able to pick a favorite. Sorry about your quilting machine…bummer. eBay maybe? -Marsel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...