Monday, October 23, 2023

WHALE SIGHTING

It is a bit addictive to make these little guys!  I followed the tutorial here which has several other creatures to make, too!
The height is about 3-4" and about 5" long.
There is a bit of sewing 
but it is a very quick crochet and amusing! 

I also learned about a neat trick to make 'safety eyes' even safer--melt down the shaft so it is like a rivet 
with your iron on high (only your teflon plated iron!!!!) 
so that the backing can't be slipped off from a gnawing child!
                                                  

I also ran into the problem of polyfil.....I didn't have any more!  I thought about emptying a couch pillow but got hold of myself!  One thing I had a lot of was strips of cotton batting from quilts!  I sliced a strip up into 1" squares and it worked beautifully!

I'm off to the doctor's this afternoon-I should be able to finish the last sleeve on the sweater while there!

7 comments:

  1. How fun — Abigail would have loved a whole set of ocean animals like that when she was younger! The curly jellyfish tentacles are so fun! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those whales are so cute! I'm thinking the hospital would like those for the pediatric patients. Hmmm. I keep thinking of projects but I haven't came up with a way to make more time! Now, that's a problem.
    Good luck at the doctor and I hope he/she has good advice for you.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius idea about the batting. That probably make a nice squishy whale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! That's a good idea for the eyes. I've only ever made a Baby Yoda but I did worry about those eyes coming off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now those are just too freaking adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet whale! I need to remember the tip about the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute whales! Do you see real ones in your area? Hope that doc gave you some good meds and that your headaches are under control.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...