Thursday, August 7, 2008

A 'DUH' Moment




I have been quilting for an hour ---following each design that I had traced,






ripping out the paper and picking up all the pieces. Then repeating it for the next section....




I was thinking about how many quilts I have done this way-years and years of this way, before I had a new frame and.........

Then I had a flash -I don't have to trace each pattern anymore--I have a laser light to trace the designs--no pencil tracing and quilting through the stabilizer patterns and ripping them out and cleaning up and wasting all my time.............I have a laser light to follow the patterns!


Good grief.


I feel elated and deflated all at once. I am laughing more than fussing now because I have discovered this fact at the beginning of this quilt-not the end!
By the way, I am using white thread to quilt this with-white backing has a white bobbin and it looks very old fashioned and pleasing in every way-thanks for the advice all-even if I didn't do it the way you suggested, you will all like the final result! Trust me, she says..............

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely MY mother!!!

    As Bruce would say to me, "What's your IQ?!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...