Friday, August 15, 2008

Blocks and Boat

This morning the men delivered the cement blocks for the foundation.

The forklift guy looked like he has done this a few times before.... The foreman determined that the footer needed another day to set before they could lay the blocks........we did get almost 1/2" rain after they finished so we are good with the decision.


I had fun sewing with my neighbor for a few hours later this morning.........she called with an emergency quilting question. (Quilting is contagious in case you didn't know.) I shared my love of sewing with her and her husband says I have created a monster! I think I have just nudged the hidden artist in her to the forefront-she catches on so fast and is loving her new outlet. Here is her birthday quilt for her granddaughter.....we are quilting it as fast as we can cuz her big day is this week and we still have to bind it!
Caleb called and asked if we would like a visit-you think?!!! He was on his way to the airport to pick up a NY friend, Kristen Graham. We had fun touring the work here and seeing the pond-Caleb hasn't been here for a month and there was some catching up to do. Caleb also requested a boat ride and we had a wonderful time......... ....we went up all the way to Palatka to Corky Bell's restaurant and had a lovely dinner, lots of laughs and caught up on one another's lives.











On the way home, they took turns driving the boat, we all had a great time, even if Kristen was slow to spot the 'gators along the water's edge! (We saw about a dozen and I think she maybe saw one.....!)
Look at this sunset over Crescent Lake.......

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun evening!

    David was rather put out that there was a GIRL that he didn't know on Grandpa's boat, though. You know how kids think they have exclusive rights to everyone in their life. :)

    He's also having trouble picturing how the addition will connect to your existing house. He is very bothered that they are going to "ruin" your house when they "boom in" the wall and window. I think we'll need to come visit in a few weeks so that he can inspect it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, come on and inspect it, David! It would make a good field trip for math class!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...