Saturday, September 16, 2017

I 💗 FALL KAL

 Cascading Leaves socks are finished!  
What a great knit!
 Using the Berrocco Comfort DK yarn on #3 needles 
really made the socks fly off the needles!
These socks were knit toe-up over 52 stitches.
 This is the only tree that turns orange in the Fall.
I don't know what it is but it is pretty!
 Right behind that tree is this cluster of Candlestick Cassia.
It is planted around a tortoise burrow.
We have seen several after the hurricane
so we know they made it through alright, too!
 Some of our trees didn't make it though!
This is in the grove of my Live Oaks.
There is hours of work with the chainsaw ahead.
 Most of the beautiful trails my husband cleared for me on our property looks like this.  Hours of raking needed here!
This is just the debris we picked up in the front yard 
and around the house!
And the reason for the spotty blogging-I am trying to catch up from the storm!
When Bill comes home,
he will have plenty of work to do for the next month!
I also had the wonderful distraction of two additional grandkids!
My Fernandina Beach sweethearts came for an overnighter
to check out the storm damage and give me a hug!
Priceless!

9 comments:

  1. Speedy needles!
    And don't worry about the blogging - take care of what you need to - we'll be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pile isn't that big but it is big enough. It has all been cut down and tied together for disposal when the garbage can handle it. Right now they are just trying to catch up with normal waste. That poor tree, so sad when such a beauty falls down. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice socks!!! They look thick and comfy.
    Your poor yard....that's a job and half right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are perfection . Im glad family came to cheer you and check on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect fall socks!
    I'm glad you didn't suffer any damage to your house -- like a tree falling on it! But still, it does look like you have a lot of work ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs from the Grands makes everything better.

    Congrats on the newest socks .......you are up to THREE points already! :-)

    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, you've finished two pair of socks in the time it's taken me to knit one sock just past the gusset. I'd better get my needles clicking!

    Oh dear, the little guy in the right is not a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your socks, a perfect autumn pattern and colour. Good luck with the tidy up, that is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...