Monday, September 4, 2017

Scraps

I put to use the new stitch pattern Mom and I tried out on my visit last month (already a month ago!) using up my scraps of dishcloth cotton.
It is good but a bit wonky.  
I will make one more to use up the yarn but then that will be that. 
 I think the stitch would be more comfortable with a soft yarn 
and not the cotton that is so stiff.  
The crochet was not so relaxing on my hands.
I tied knots at the end of each row so I wouldn't have any ends to weave in since it was for a dishcloth.   I crocheted across a row, ripped it out to see how much yarn it required and then tied a knot to the new color.
I kept adding sections of yarn this way so I could just keep working without stopping for color changes!
I only got off a bit at the end so I was pleased with the experiment!

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors, the stitch pattern, and the fact that you used scraps. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty. I'm sure the pattern will relax out with a few washes and then it will be just soft and fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be wonky, but it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like fun. I never thought about it but knots would only help the scrubbing action.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...