Saturday, September 23, 2017

Quilting Re-visited

 This project has been languishing for quite a few months but I gave in and bought different fabrics than the line I thought I could make the whole thing from.  I sewed most of the blue row 
 and then cut out all the rest of the yellow ones I have to piece-there are eight blocks in these piles!  I also went through what fabric I do have from the Robert Kauffman line so the next time I go to JoAnn's I will know what I need!  I am using 4 values of each of the colors from darkest to lightest.  It feels good to have a working plan again!

(See the 'block' under the yellow block?  It is Will's block he designed!  I love that he likes to work with me in the studio!)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful!! Love Will's block, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will's block is so creative! !
    THose who quilt are so creative!!! I love the barn quilt signs around the farmland here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine cutting and keeping track of so many pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little block is so precious!!! That is going to be another show stopper. I can't believe all the piecing that has already gone into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will has quite a way with color (and so do YOU)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...