Thursday, June 10, 2021

While Waiting

Yesterday, I waited all day for a special delivery 
so I made a denim skirt.
Then I sewed a backing for a quilt and loaded it on the frame.
And I played with my watercolors off and on all day. 
 (A new to me teacher has me inspired again--I want to do so many of his lessons!  Paul Clark is his name and this is my rendering of his Scottish Castle in Line and Wash
Finally, when it was almost today my oldest son, 
Jared, and his family arrived! they will be here for weeks and it is a good thing because I haven't see them for years!!!!
 Might I say, hugs in person are the best.  
Today, we hang out at the pool 
and I get to know my two grand daughters!

8 comments:

  1. Cute skirt - love the border. Enjoy your family time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray on the visit! The skirt turned out great and the watercolor is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt. I live in denim dresses all summer. The watercolor is a masterpiece! I used to do that with Pete Sheeler on You Tube. You learn so much from painting along with their tutorials.
    Have a great visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have an extended visit with family. I could wear denim every day and never tire of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that Eilean Donan Castle...? We have a photograph on our livingroom wall. We hope to visit it in person one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that skirt! Have a wonderfull visit with your son and family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy family visit!!! Glad they arrived safe. And how wonderful for all your new items and projects! Have fun making bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful visit with our family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...