Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Just Rolling Along

I am joining Joy of DaysFilledWithJoy for the Sewcial QAL;  block number one and two needed to be constructed and in the morning before everyone is awake, I did a bit of piecing to catch up!
 All day we swim in the pool with the kids and then in the afternoon when it T-storms (we are in our summer pattern where a storm rolls through almost every afternoon) we play games and get dinner ready.  After dinner there is time for one more swim and yesterday during the storm, my oldest son, Jared in the red shirt, helped by my #1 grandson, David, put together the brute of a lathe!  It is so exciting to see it set up!  I still need the electrical run for it so its use is a while in the future, still, this is a huge step in the right direction!  How nice to work with these two...a great first memory for the lathe and me.

4 comments:

  1. So wonderful to see your memories being made!!! So happy for these days you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NOTHING like time with our children and grandkids. Absolutely nothing. I miss our two oldest grands already. How nice to have the guys help with the lathe process. They seem very capable. :-) Have fun my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to have those helping hands just when you need them! That new quilt is so sweet. I can't wait to see this one progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute blocks! I haven't sewn a stitch. I'm packing the fabric up last, but I just haven't had the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...