Wednesday, June 30, 2021

CONNECTED!

By late morning, Bill had the lathe wiring finished 
and I was able to turn it on!  So exciting!
I had a lot of 'stuff' to find homes for and a lot of cleaning up to do but first I did a bit of playing!
I just put the mess out of my mind and played!  Very unlike me but I have waited 6 months to actually use this lathe!
I loaded a branch and began turning it and had a wonderful time!
And then the end cracked and the rolling pin I was making is going to have to undergo a transformation into a narrow vase! 
(there was a crack on the end of the log and I had hoped it wouldn't be a problem-wrong!  Sigh.)
After I had some fun, it was time to get to work!  I ended up cleaning it all up and Bill even took the junk away for me!  Oh, and he had to do all of the rearranging for me--I have the ideas and he has the brawn--what a great combination!
We have a fancy late-comer, another amaryllis is in bloom!  
So pretty!
And right next to it, the hibiscus has put out a bloom! 
 They look as happy as I am!
 

6 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! What an amazing toy! Your workshop looks just like my dad's did. He had so much stuff in there he could barely move around. He always knew where everything was though. I loved the way it always smelled like fresh cut wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for starting to play with your new toy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like Bill is a helpful and talented guy. It sounds like your talents and his complement each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have your new toy all set up and working. Bill sounds like a real sweetheart with helping you with your ideas too. Sounds like my Dennis.
    Blessigs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I hope you have many wonderful moments with you new machine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...