Friday, June 4, 2021

Finding a Truck

I drove Bill to pick up his new truck--happy guy and we are a two vehicle family again!
(2018 Chevy Silverado)
The little community where I live has a population of 1,000.  We drive through ranch country for 45 minutes and end up in Palm Coast where the population is 90,000!  
The road we take is quiet and straight....just to give us time to shift gears to the cars, traffic lights and commercial realty!!! 
 It is a jolt when you are used to calm and quiet! lol
I did a lot of knitting, and then while I am enjoying the crocheted afghan, I thought I would make a new blanket for the new furniture that will be coming on Monday finally-we've been waiting since March!

I used to make tons of these for blankets, vests and hats in the 70's!  It is a classic for a reason-a good enduring project that will be portable and mindless!
Did you know....

1891
The granny square first made its debut in 1891, in The Art of Crocheting as an engraving. It wasn't until 1897, however, that a written pattern was published in Weldon's Practical Needlework.
This means that a LOT of granny squares have been created
 in the last 130 years!

 

9 comments:

  1. I need to get back to my granny squares!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's a beautiful truck. Congrats to Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray that your furniture is coming!!! Just in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes on the new truck. It looks great!

    Can't wait to see your new furniture. We really could use some, but I'm just too busy (i.e. Lazy) to go look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Bill! Men and their trucks! Dennis loves his too. Love the grannies and the history lesson. I know what you mean about adjusting to the traffic and busyness. It was like that when I went home from the lake after several days, (or weeks). I was like a rude splash of cold water.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traffic is one of the reasons I don’t visit my sister as often as I’d like. It’s also why I refused to move any closer. Nice-looking truck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice truck! And thanks for sharing that fun fact!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo for the new wheels!!!
    Granny squares are fun. I am having a good time with mine-so far. Joining them is another matter. I'm a bit worried about what that might entail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new truck. I had no idea what the granny square history was. I know I have made many in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...