Thursday, July 14, 2022

GARDEN FLOWERS

We've had heat and rain all week and that means....flowers! 
 This is the Curcumin.
The flowers are large and deep-oh, so intricate!
I have about 12' of Caladium that has really grown over the few years.  They bring color from Spring to first frost.
This flower is in a large pot-
it is also a Curcumin which is in the Crinum family.
The edge of the pot is dwarf wave petunias.  I love the contrast of shape and size but Bill says it is too messy in the pool area--it does drop little blooms and leaves quite regularly.
These are the tiger lilies from NY.  
 All of the flowers so far are from bulbs and that is why they are all in pots so the bulbs can't be desiccated in the sand
 and also for protection from voles and squirrels!
My bowl of succulents is doing well and it even produced a  tall stalk!  I can't wait to see what develops.
The buddha plant (Jatropha Podagrica) has been blooming for months but this time the flowers have produced these seed pods!  
This is what the blooms look like so several of the flowers must've gotten pollinated even in the pool patio!  
 

3 comments:

  1. I love tiger lilies! My grandmother always had some in her garden and I was fascinated by them when I was little. I haven't seen one in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those flowers in the first two photos. Really, all of the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your flowers! They are so interesting and most wouldn't grow here. At least I don't think so. I've never heard of a curcumin before. What an interesting plant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...