Wednesday, July 27, 2022

OFF KILTER

Mary worked on the frame yesterday to finish her quilt and she did it!  It's pretty amazing that for someone only quilting for under two years and falling and breaking her shoulder in December so sewing was out of the question for4 months, I'd say she has found her forte'!
While Mary was doing her thing, I was trying to learn a new skill.  I was working with resin.  If you remember the old Lucille Ball show when she was trying to put up wallpaper....you will have an idea of how me and resin got along!  Thank goodness it is a forgiving medium, because I got these pieces stuck to me and everything I picked up I dropped on them........they have to cure 12 hours, I will turn them over and resin the back and wait 12 hours but then I can show you what I have made-I hope!
 

5 comments:

  1. Pretty quilt - and it matches her shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!! All those cornerstones are quite the accomplishment. Can't wait to see your resin project. I can't even guess how fiddly that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, Mary! I know she appreciates all the encouragement and assistance you’ve given her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...