Thursday, September 11, 2008

Roof and Crane

There was a big push this morning to get ready for the crane to come and so everything had to be ready and in place for the trusses.
First action was to get rid of the old eaves......

and pile up all the debris.
Here is the crane!

See the operator running the controls........he has done this once or twice, you think!?!



Bill hooked up the truss.....and the crane lifted them to the men waiting up on the garage walls. They have done their job before, too! (Bill took most of the pics today because I went and visited Jessica! Good job, Bill!)

Working on the south side roof........


See how the new livingroom will have a lofted ceiling.
Tom was doing his evening inspection when Bill came out with the leaf blower to clean out all that delicious sawdust!

Bill and I do a walk around each evening, pick up the clutter and admire the work accomplished.

Here is a full view of the expansion.

All ready to begin again tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. The place looks huge already!!!

    So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chuckled - your Tom and our Tom have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...