Thursday, May 2, 2019

A Good Turn

Morning view of sunrise over Crescent Lake.
Early morning drive to take Will to school.
A lovely start to the day!
And 1/2 a day's work gives me a spot in the garage to practice lathe work!
I have wanted to learn how to make bowls especially
  but lots of other stunning wooden pieces and now I will try it ....
soon!

(The peg board behind the dresser/workbench will be attached to the back
of the dresser to hold tools and the light and will help contain
all of the wood chips that will be flying!
A sick husband slowed down the schedule for this!)

And a little knitting has happened.
This is the pattern from a fellow blogger .

8 comments:

  1. I am a bit envious of your lathe, always wanted to try that out. but we don't have enough space - and I don't want to spread myself even thinner with all the things to do, only 24 hours a day to work with and a bit of sleep now and then does come in handy:)
    I hope your guys are all back to form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireman says that machine is fun, but be careful! It can rip off your arm. Be very careful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the lathe! I haven't used one since highschool shop class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL!!!! Can't wait to see the bowls.

    It's a shame you don't live closer. We have a HUGE ash tree that is being taken down by the electric company. That would be some VERY nice wood for bowls. Millions of bowls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you. I don't even know for sure what a lathe does, although I've heard my husband talk about them. :-)
    I printed off that same pattern from Regina and started it in a varigated yarn. I looks much better with solids so I frogged it and will try again with another yarn soon. Yours is beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, the sunrise view is gorgeous and a great way to start the day. Looking forward to seeing the bowls you make. I think a road trip to pick up Dee's tree is in order. 😉😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly are multi-talented! Great photo, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...