Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Substitutes


Since the design wall was empty
and
I can't do any rotary cutting,
I put some charm packs together to make some charity quilts.
Then I did a swatch for some new yarn 
which I want to use for a machine knit sweater.
We will see how it goes! 
(I've learned a new way to make a gauge for machine knitting;
all the counting is done while it is knit so there is no counting after.
I merely measure the distance between the dots for stitches per inch
and the rows between the white rows and voila!)
They even sell a gauge ruler which I have ordered so it is going to be even simpler!
 The plumeria is in full swing!
The scent wafts throughout the lanai.
(If you look closely under the topmost bloom
you will see that the sandhill crane photo bombed me!)
Coming in at a close second is my first yellow lily!

10 comments:

  1. So that's what a plumeria looks like. I see the fragrance all the time in the soap supply's list of scents but never knew what it was. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my plumaria might not do anything - but I do have yellow lilies here:) I found them on the side of the road (maybe someone through out some bulbs?) and collected them, they don't grow wild here. they've been blooming for over 20 years and not a lily beetle in sight, luckily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful plumeria! I love that color and the lily too. Your design wall is such a good idea. I know if I quilted more often I would definitely want one too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know which I like more, the quilt or the flowers. Both are amazing. I love an animal photo bomber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plumeria is so pretty! There was tonnes of it all over our resort in Mexico! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plumeria is gorgeous! I can almost smell it through the computer screen - lol.

    Love your zig-zagular socks from the previous post - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you kept that stick-in-a-pot — what a reward! Glad for you on your lily, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...