Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Progressive

 I have one sleeve done for the Begonia sweater--16" of a close fitting sleeve.
The cool thing about he sleeve is that while it is close fitting, 
it doesn't squeeze or bind because it is knit in the half fisherman (broken rib) stitch!
It will be nice to get the other one done and head on into the yoke!
 And tonight the surprise for Will was completely appliqued
 and I loaded it on the frame and quilted it!!!!1
I was very fatigued standing that long but I was so close, 
I wasn't walking away until it was done!
Tomorrow I will be applying the binding on this one and the sampler, too!
Look what was delivered this afternoon!
It sits on the end table by Bill and brightens his day;
it is nice to be remembered;  he isn't 'sick' but he hasn't been able to live normally either!
So, if you've ever wondered-Don't hesitate to send flowers to a man!
(Bill has been to two drs  this week-they are not thrilled with
his progress or the lack thereof .)

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea your appliqued project was so big! That is amazing work. And the progress on the sweater....wow. That would be at least a year's worth for me.
    Sorry to hear Bill is still having issues. The flowers are a nice thought. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good close-fitting but comfortable sleeve. With Cascadas done, I'm trying to decide what to start next... maybe some Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, men appreciate and enjoy receiving flowers just as much as women. Will is going to love his gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers and perfectly suitable for a man. I'm continuing to pray for Bill and for healing.
    The sweater and applique are both beautiful. So intricate.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for progress!!! I am making lots of it right now, but nothing is close to finished. Oh well, at least you will have some soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...