Sunday, May 5, 2019

Slow Saturday

 I was able to both catch up on chores around the house and to play today.
I made several swatches noting all my information and then ripping the out to make the block
I needed for a MKAL (machine knit along) I am taking part in on the KnitItNow site.
A blanket for charity is the goal-all in different stitches each in a 7 x 9" blocks
and seamed together eventually.
 This is Tuck Stitch
The rectangles are  not blocked yet but I made 3 today.
(six really but the other three swatches were ripped out for these!)
It was a good lesson for me and easily entertaining.
  I also set a new embroidery to work for a pillow -- my plan for a pillow a month fell behind
so I am catching up;  this one is for April, of course.
The one for May is going to be a wreath of flowers with a butterfly.

And the rest of the time was spent gardening.
Speaking of gardening-look at the cool label my daughter crafted from a discarded window blind slat!
This is pleasing on every level and now I need to up my game and make them for my yard!

8 comments:

  1. keeping busy? the dianthus looks lovely - does it have a scent? I love the clove-like scent many of them posess!
    all the best for Bill and I hope it'll all clear up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, glad you had some 'you' time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dianthus. I love when you can turn rubbish into something useful.

    The slat makes a great plant marker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of turning your lesson swatches into a charity blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Bill is doing well.

    You are so productive. I have been a slug all weekend. Sometimes that what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy! I can't wait to see the finished embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to recycle with the blinds! Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you have been busy. I'm impressed. I'm so glad to see your charity blanket. The recycled blinds look great. I love that idea.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...