Sunday, May 26, 2019

A Valley


Friday afternoon, I made a wrong move and cracked a rib again.
I had gone a long time without doing that...
The pain is excruciating--don't even think about sneezing or sleeping.
And then there has been a mix up with one of my medicines-
and now I have to deal with the magnified pain to be without it (Prednisone)
and to add to the misery, because this messes with hormones,
it is inducing hot flashes which adds to the inability to sleep.

I am again a shadow of myself.

 I watched my sewing machine embroider this design and then turned it into a pillow.
I finished the Zigzagular Socks and used the leftover bit to add a square to my blanket.
I also started the second sleeve to the Begonia Sweater.
It is easy knitting and perfect for right now.


10 comments:

  1. Oh, no.....how terrible. You just can't catch a break. Take care. I hope you are on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rats, that sounds so awful:( I hope it's going uphill again for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just can't get a break! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so sorry. Please take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh geez... you just can't get a break can you? Sending lots of good healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is just such a bummer. I am SOOOO Sorry. I have heard how painful just breathing is when you crack a rib. Now i'm going to pray for you the next time we have ribs...maybe tomorrow for Memorial Day Dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO very sorry about your rib. I can't even imagine how painful that is. I will be praying for VERY swift healing for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that. Rest up and let those bones heal.

    The Family pillow top is beautiful. That purple is so sweet and spring-like. Will that be a gift for your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you're walking through a valley and dealing with so many problems, obstacles, and detours. This poem has helped me through the valleys: https://www.ellenbailey.com/poems/ellen_013.htm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry that you are going through all this. Do take good care of yourself. A friend of mine broke a few ribs during the winter (ice!) and ended up with in the hospital. I hope that the rib heals with relative speed and that knitting helps you get through it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...