Sunday, May 19, 2019

Take Flight!

 I embroidered an easy project yesterday;
a tote bag embellished by a scene of flamingos!
 I used a thread that is variegated with light to dark pink 
which gave a subtle shading which was the goal!
I gifted the bag to my sister-in-law who came for a visit (with my brother).
It was so nice to sit and talk to catch up on what is going on for each of us.
 I also finished one of the Zigzagular socks!
I will begin the second one today!

STOP HERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STRONG STOMACH FOR WOUNDS!!!!!!!!!










This is what we have been struggling to heal;
the brown in the wound is the silver embedded cell paper which is supposed to encourage healing.
Things don't look like they are going so well to me.
We continue with our antibiotic infusions 3x a day.
Bill goes to the infectious disease doctor tomorrow.
It can't happen too soon-I don't need a degree to know this is not looking healthy, thank you.

10 comments:

  1. The flamingo bag is lovely; so often flamingo things are cutesie, but this one is elegant — very nice!

    Dad's wound is NOT nice... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flamingos - did you embroider them all or where they printed on it? Those socks amaze me... not so keen on the wound though! Hope the doctors can do something about it, it does not look good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your machine does such a nice job with the embroidery. I agree, the wound doesn't look like it's healing. I'm glad Bill has an appointment with the infectious disease doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good golly. Poor Bill. That really is a nightmare.
    On a happier note that bag is just too adorable! I am not sure how you are doing it. I would be sitting in a corner staring into space if I had to deal with that big boo boo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oof. Best of luck with the doctor. That looks so painful.

    On to zigzagular--good choice of yarn. I did it with a yarn where it did not come out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag and socks are spectacular. That wound, not so much. I will definitely be praying for Bill and that the doctor will be able to treat it promptly and completely.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Ouch!!! Hope the Drs can reverse this issue. Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the bag is really pretty - and the socks look good too! no wonder that you need distractions, that wound looks terribly painful:( I hope the docs can put it right - crossing all my fingers and thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG. Poor Bill. Hope things turn around for both of you!

    Love the sock and the flamingo bag! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flamingo bag is lovely. I am so Sorry about that wound! Im surprised he is not in the hospital and getting continuous wound care. That looks horrible. I can only imagine how painful that is . I cannot recall how this happened.......
    big hugs to you and prayers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...