Monday, February 17, 2020

Curl up with Comfort!

 The borders were sewn on the charming tumbler lap quilt!
I do like it with the grey at the top, too.
I will load it up on the frame and quilt it this week.
On Saturday, I did machine knit this blanket-Lena approves!
It is 48' x 56", made from Red Heart gradient yarn called Graffiti yarn.
It has folded hems on the top and bottom
and I-cord trim on the sides to help battle the curl of stockinette.  
This is the best way to power through an afghan!
It will go to a friend who is chilly while sitting in church!
Just the thing to warm her legs.

Today, I will work on some more pet beds while at quilting group.

9 comments:

  1. That gradient blanket is just stunning. It looks like something expensive you would find in Home Goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Also like your Sunday sock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is stunning, and your friend will be delighted with the it. She will feel your Christian love every time she uses it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blanket. I haven't seen the gradient yarn before, but love how this turned out. Such a sweet gift for your friend. I can't believe you've finished it in one day! I've been knitting on the same baby blanket since Thursday and I'm not even half done. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Lena's little white paws.

    She was making sure the afghan was good and snuggly for the person that will get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are both so great! Lena is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh if I had a knitting machine, I'd be cranking out blankets like crazy! I LOVE blankets... quilts, afghans, whatever, I'm not picky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks to me like Lena has claimed that blanket! Such a pretty kitty and such a beautiful blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those grays are stunning! What is it about gradients that is so attractive?! Fun color progression on the quilt, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...