Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Stuffin'!

 I have all of the components knit for the bunny!
Now to stuff them and sew the pieces together.
This counts for a teeny needle-it is a size 1!
I did try something risky today,
I ironed the cable on the circular needle!
It was so kinked, it was driving me crazy
so I used a medium heat, covered the cable with a tissue 
and ran the iron over the cable pulling it under the prone iron.
I ran it under a few times, held the cable stretched between my hands
under tension until it cooled and VOILA!  straight cable again!
 I pulled this languishing idea out of the sketchbook.
I had it sitting just like this (without any paint yet)
on my easel and Little Guy splashed his water color water on my picture for me!
Teal paint in spots in several places-it wouldn't rub off.
I put it away and tried to put it out of my mind!
No longer!  Now that I have learned that acrylics can be used with water similar to watercolor
but the good news is, you can paint in layers to cover up the speckles!
I'm going to try.
Smooth going on the sweater re-do;  I did rip out the back again because the fabric
felt too stiff. 
I don't need  protection from arctic winds so I knit it again and then the front.
I have a sleeve  going now!
You know what I will be doing today!

8 comments:

  1. Blue bunny!!!! Now I'm craving some Blue Bunny ice cream. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good save on the painting. I can't wait to see it! I bought a class on the old Craftsy about painting houses and other architectural things but it didn't help. I am still terrible at it. Lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep - acrylics can definitely be used as watercolour.
    And you can use water colour almost like acrylics... it's my favourite way to paint, but you have to buy canvases made special for them. It's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute bunny and brilliant idea for the cable. Brave too. I would have been afraid of melting it. It will be fun to see what you do with the painting. I'm rubbish when it comes to any sort of drawing or painting so I'm always fascinated by those of you with talent.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might need to try that trick on some of my circular needles. Nothing to lose, because the cables are so kinked I can't use them any way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I‘Ve never used an iron on knitting needle cables, but I do give difficult cables a bath in boiling water - works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the bunny. Im good at the pieces but not with the put together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WELCOME TO ILLUMINATI GRAND LODGE!!!!
    This is an open invitation to evryone who is ready and willing to become part of the world's biggest conglomerate and reach the peak of your career.
    Illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual and moral values. Illuminati brings together people of good will, regardless of their differences and origins, and ensure that these men and women become better in society. Do you wish to be a member of the illuminati, it is good to see the light and brilliance for the whole world to see, everything in the world is managed by the system "the new world order", what are your dreams and your goals, is be a famous artist, dancer, writer, politician, pastor, footballer, etc. you name it, everything is managed by the system of the new world order, you never reach the top unless you are a member of the movement, system "the new world order" wake up today and make a decision that will change your life forever...
    If you're interested in joining this great organisation, kindly contact the temple via WhatsApp: +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email::: illuminati666grandlodge@gmail.com
    Regards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...