Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Joys of Health

 
 I was giddy with a burst of energy yesterday morning.
It was so good to be able to be up and about
 but the house sure needed some attention after I was down for a few days!
So after a housekeeping reckoning, I went to the studio!
I loaded up this top so I could quilt it soon.
 Then I hung the background fabric I purchased after dropping the grands at the airport on Saturday.  This is going to be covered with blue fabric within the elephant shape by applique--
very much an elephant quilt experiment!
 The fabric is hard to see but it is a grey/white texture print.
Perfect for this project, I think.
 And I sure had fun cutting out these apple core pieces for a new quilt.
No , this is not the layout--it is only all of the pieces I cut placed 
so I could estimate the size arrangement. 
 I will rearrange these fabrics for a few days before I do any sewing!
By afternoon, I was pretty much out of steam so I sat and did some more knitting.
Are you tired of the bunny photos?! lol
I made the Brunny pattern's shawl to finish her wardrobe!
And then another dishcloth flew off the needles.

I will tackle the knitting machine project as soon as I knock off some laundry!

5 comments:

  1. I am not tired of Miss Bunny. She looks quite fetching in her new shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ability to keep going is amazing, I think you out perform me on a so-so day compared to my best day! Glad you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better. That elephant quilt is going to be so cute and Brunny's shawl is perfect to finish her outfit. Don't overdo it and get some rest today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never ever ever tire of Bunny Photos!!!! SO cute and that shawl...ugh its the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...