Monday, February 3, 2020

National QOV Sew Day

All day Saturday I sewed with others to make quilts for Quilts of Valor !
There were about 24 of us who hauled our machines and set to work 
measuring, cutting, sewing and pressing to make quilt tops for this group. 
 I had a partner from my weekly group
 and we almost finished our top;
I have to finish the bottom right corner which I will sew during group today.

I'm going to share this photo because today
is my Dad's 87th birthday!
For the past 11 years,
 I have had the pleasure of my Dad's company on his birthday
but with their decision to avoid travel ,
I won't get to see him today!
 Skype will have to do!
Happy Birthday, Dad!

7 comments:

  1. The youngest 87 year old I’ve ever known, I think! 💙

    That quilt is very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your dad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a gorgeous quilt!
    How wonderful to be able to share a birthday with a parent even if it is by Skype. I hope he has a wonderful day and is rightfully spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt! And happy birthday to your dad. He's looking great for 87!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Dad! February is a great month for birthdays isn't it? :-)
    I think your quilt is lovely. Thank you to all who make QOV's. As the wife, daughter and sister of many veterans I appreciate you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bday to your Dad!! Mine is coming up on 89 in March. Love the QOV top you got going there! Such a wonderful charity to be involved with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...