Wednesday, February 19, 2020

A Grand Beach Day

 We started out our beach day with a bit of metal detecting!
 They each found quarters,
 Abigail a 2005 collector's quarter of California--we had a few heart stopping moments
when the date 1850 was read first on the back!  David's quarter is dated 1980.
We might not be rich, we were looking for doubloons after all, but we had a wonderful
time digging merrily away together!
 After lunch, we fed the seagulls.
And then Abigail and I did this while the guys did some fishing. 
 We enjoyed coloring with pencils in our bird field guides, a water bird scene, of course!
 David finished off some crackers and we packed it up!
 Goodbye, beach!  Thank you for the warm, sunny day!
(it was in the 80's with no humidity--utterly wonderful!)
 After dinner at South Beach Grill, we were greeted by this sunset!
In just a few minutes, we crossed the intercoastal waterway and David captured this photo.
Yup, it sums up the beauty of our whole day!

8 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful! It looks like you had the beach to yourself. Even on cold miserable days here you have to pack yourself in like sardines to get down to the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! It is so strange to see my kiddos having adventures independent of me but I am so thrilled for this fun week you guys have together! 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day and what a GORGEOUS sunset!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like an absolutely wonderful day. There is nothing like spending time with your grandchildren. (May I admit to being a tiny bit jealous?) I'm so happy for you. That sunset is spectacular and I loved the seagul photo although it reminded it a bit of "The Birds." I know from our time on the Oregon coast, it only takes a little food to bring an entire flock your way! Thanks for sharing your day with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an excellent way to spend the day. The sunset photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! That sunset is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks so wonderful!!! With the low 20° weather we are having I long for my stretch of Florida beach!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...