Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday Finish and Flowers

 Now all this top needs is to be layered and quilted--it will happen soon, I hope!
I only had to rip out three little units ;
I really had to watch what I was doing!
 Anyone ever play this game?!  
Bill actually played a game with me at lunch time, of course, he won!
But it felt good to play.
(the board is how you keep score for Cribbage)
 This is the Mother's Day gift that has kept on giving....a beautiful red Canna Lily with some shrimp plant flowers in the background.  It sits right outside my bedroom window in the lanai.
And for the additional sense--jasmine in full bloom that makes the whole front yard smell tropical!
Try the scratch and sniff--it just might work!

9 comments:

  1. I can’t believe that canna lily — amazing!!! I would love to smell the jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scent of jasmine is intoxicating! I love it. And your flowers are gorgeous. I love playing Cribbage (but Fletch won't play).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt top! My mom and her parents used to play cribbage all the time! Great memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, jasmine smells divine! Great job on the Carpenter’s Star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt top! I've seen a cribbage board before but have no idea how to play. Something was smelling very sweet in the yard the other day but I couldn't find the source. It's too early for honeysuckle. I love when that blooms out back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quit is gorgeous! The colors say "spring" to me. Gorgeous flowers. I love the smell of jasmine. We don't have any blooms that smell yet. Soon. I've never played cribbage before.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I feel like the only one of my generation who knows how to play Cribbage. When I was small, my Dad worked for Firestone (before Free Trade took all the work to Mexico). They used to play on their lunch breaks. And on the weekends, they'd frequently end up at our house and the board would come out while they had a few beers. I think I was around 5 when I learned to play. (I learned to play chess very young too). I haven't played for years! I wonder if my Dad still has the cribbage board.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt top is just beautiful! I would have to concentrate on assembling that one. It would be so easy to turn a block the wrong way. Your flowers look wonderful and their scent would be such a treat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...