Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Socks and Softshell

I picked up this sock after my self-induced cotton cone challenge ended
and began a knit 2, purl 2 rib for the leg.
I ended it just before the color for the toe, bound off the one
and immediately cast on for the second sock.
It felt good to have a sock under my needles
and I feel up to the upgrade in knitting! 
Look what Bill saw out by our pond!
It is called a Softshell turtle,
native to this area and the largest softshell turtle in North America!
Look at that pointy nose!
I can't wait to catch sight of him when I graduate to exploration again!

(The xrays showed clear lungs!  This is a huge improvement and a sign my body is recovering
from the pneumonia, sepsis and then septic shock.  I'm getting glimmers of feeling like me again.)

8 comments:

  1. Good news!!! You and Bill have really been through it in the last couple of years.
    Love that sock! That is some pretty yarn. I love wonky stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your glimmers! What a cool looking turtle. I think I have socks I knit out of that same yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for clear lungs! Love the sock and the turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that sock was a nice change after all that cotton!
    Love the turtle!
    And so happy your lungs are clear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you and the clear lung xrays. Next up, running down the driveway! Today must be the day for turtles. Connie posted about them too! Love the socks. What yarn are you using?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful results from your x-rays! Glad you are seeing glimmers of your previous stamina. That has to be very comforting. Love those socks and they just scream to be worn with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Lung news! Love turtles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love turtles. I stop and move them from the middle of the road all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...