Sunday, April 12, 2020

Risen Still the Same

 So our plans for the day might be a bit reduced but we need the reminder that
He is risen whether we remember to celebrate or not.
We are going to 'watch' church by Face Book and then have a fried cabbage and ham dinner.
Bill fried and simmered the cabbage all day--it is caramelized to perfection.  
We will be talking to our family by phone and being grateful for all we have to rejoice about 
instead of dwelling on all of the shortcomings we could note 
comparing the day to previous years!
I did a bit of plying (it is easier than spinning) to make the first skein of the Cotswold Cross yarn.
I will be making four 2 oz skeins and dyeing two--
I am pretty sure I will be weaving a table runner with this fiber.
 And I am working on the second dishcloth;
I seem to be ripping it often--I can't seem to line up the trellis stitches!
So, it is taking longer but I am getting there!
I thought you might like to see the immune building supplements the doctor recommended;
an elderberry/vit c/zinc combo and a mushroom complex--
here's hoping they strengthen my immune system day by day!

12 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your day. What an interesting combo of supplements. They remind me of my DIL who takes the weirdest things also. She was very ill with Lyme disease for years and swears by her supplements now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! I remind myself that I am not stuck at home. I am safe at home. There will be strange memories of this Easter but the reason remains the same. What interesting supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy easter to you and your family! you might be slower just now, but I am sure you'll recover given time. all the best to you and yours
    Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! And here's to strengthening!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spinning and knitting! A double threat. You are very talented. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mushroom complex is intriguing!! I will look it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter! Our church was streamed online, and they used a couple of old vimeos of the choir since we couldn't be there in person. These are crazy times, aren't they. It looks like you have some interesting projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a lovely day and enjoyed your dinner. We actually watched four Easter services online, from two churches we have visited when Mandy lived near them and our home church and the church we were married in. All were done a bit differently and we were blessed with each of them.
    I put Sam's Hawaiian Chicken in the crockpot and we drove to the lake and opened up the trailer. No one there so we were practicing social distancing. :-)
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am trying to knit a shawl, but I keep losing my place in the pattern and messing up the repeats! Maybe if I would just finish it I wouldn't forget from Sunday to Sunday what I was doing? Hope you are continuing to improve!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

BLUE SKIES, BLUE WAVES

We were in St Augustine yesterday for an appointment for Bill and when we arrived, the receptionist informed us that the doctor (surgeon) ha...