Thursday, April 23, 2020

Piecing Happened!

 This apple core top has waited for me for a long time;
I finally did some piecing.
I didn't make a mistake but I have to work at becoming dexterous again!
Fumble, fumble is how I would describe my hour of piecing! 
I cut out the pieces to this little quilt top--I have long wanted to make a Carpenter's Block.
After cutting it out and trying to get the pieces in the right order on the design wall, I was all done in!
This is the last of my azaleas.  
I sat and savored the color while Bill took me out to get the mail on our golf cart.
I'm having a great deal of pain from my achilles tendons-
they feel atrophied; yup, both of them!
I am shuffling like a 94 year old!
This journey of recovery is not a straight lane......



9 comments:

  1. Sorry for your pain. I hope you get out and about soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting back to pieceing!! that has to feel good! Sorry about the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that star block! And your azaleas are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch...I've had that same tendon issue and it really hurts. You have to be so careful not to overstretch them and break something. I have to constantly keep my feet moving when I am sitting still just so I can get up and walk later on. It's a pain. Literally.
    Your piecing is pretty. I feel bad that I am not piecing anything at the moment when I have so many kits in the queue but I just don't have the room at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your piecing is so pretty. I really like the colors and I'm glad that you're able to be back to doing it even if it's slower than you would like. Your strength will return eventually. Look at what you're able to do today that you couldn't last week!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, I know you’re feeling better! Sewing requires more concentration and work than most people realize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your piecing projects are just beautiful! Love that Carpenter's Block and your colors. Glad you are able to do more each day. Did you ever get a diagnosis as to what you are recovering from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your quilt patterns are lovely. I like blue, and these are great. I hope that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apple core is the perfect name for that shape. Quilters are very creative. Love all the blues too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...