Saturday, June 4, 2022

PRETTY ON THE OUTSIDE!

We have several stalks of bananas growing again! 
 These will be ready around August.
My lilies are blooming again!  So tall and ellegant! 
 So while it is pretty on the outside....
the master bathroom looks like this! 
 We have hired a man to rip out our fiberglass insert shower.
The plan is to make this a walk-in, tiled shower with glass doors.  He will build a shower seat and two niches for shampoo, etc. 
He will also install wall grips.  
We need to plan on making this safer as we age!
 The downside is that it will take a couple weeks to complete! 
 I had to move out of my own bathroom! lol  
It will be worth it! 
 Can you say excited?! 
Today,  I'll be quilting on the other end of the house they remove the insulation and chip out the cement slab so that it will slope
to the lowered drain.
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a big project...but a good one to get done. Very cool to grow your own bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks familiar. That is just what we did to my bathroom a few years ago. We still have two more bathrooms with those ugly fiberglass inserts and I've been nagging The Mister about replacing them. He is a DYI or Die kinda guy and I'm afraid we've aged out of the heavy remodeling so I'm afraid I missed my window of opportunity. I guess the next owners can change them out. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum bananas! Your new bath sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just put my banana plant outside. I won't get as big as yours, or get fruit, but I still love the silly thing. I can't wait for it to grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...