Saturday, June 25, 2022

AND THUNDER STORMS!

I woke up to both butds blooming!  Such a pretty sight in my bedroom window!
I got right to work and finished off the second table runner in no time.  Lena is watching the sky-there is thunder rumbling out there!
Sadly, the design wall and the frame are empty!  I need to get piecing and to shop for some backing fabrics for the tops already made.
I did go out and play with the newest bowl on the lathe.  I learned this new way for getting the bowls thinner by leaving the weight remaining in the center of the piece--using it to stablize the bowl.  Letting centrifugal force work for me!  
 This mess is just from the inside of the bowl!  I cleaned up from the work turning the back!
When the storms hit, I went inside, of course, and the power promptly went out.  I sat listening to a book while knitting on a sock--I'm glad I got the 'machine' work done early!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty blooms! Our first-ever orchid is winding down now and I am sad to see it end! Thankfully, Felix leaves it alone (literally the only plant he has ever not bothered), so it can keep living in its happy spot. That bowl is gorgeous — so big and pretty! (Or I assume it’s big…hard to tell in pictures, but it isn’t dwarfed by the lathe…?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could grow orchids like yours! Every time I've tried, they just "croak". I love that table runner! Is it your own design? Nice work on the bowl; it's really going to be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My orchid, (only one), that I bought last June is still blooming. I honestly can't believe it. I've always killed them so quickly. Since I started the once a week watering with 3 ice cubes, it's thriving so far.
    That bowl is beautiful. It looks larger than the others you've made.
    Someday I'm going to take some time to quilt again. I also want to filet crochet a table runner for the table under the TV. So much to do, so little time!
    Have a great Saturday afternoon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty bloom! We've had our fair share of thunderstorms this year and it hasn't really even gotten hot yet. I can't believe it's almost July. It feels more like May out there which is a very good thing but ominous. I've never seen so much violent weather is so short a time frame. It seems that every storm leaves severe damage in it's wake all over the area anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...