Thursday, June 9, 2022

WHAT'S NEXT?

The quilting is finished on this QOV and it will be turned in so that the next set of hands will put the binding on it!  Nice team work!
I used a new panto of stars and waving flags. 
 It was an enjoyable job. 
 What's next?  I will be putting the Sock Monkey quilt on the frame!
We bought this tile for the shower wall.  It is large-9 x 18". 
 It will go on in this position like bricks.  We also bought some dk brown glass subway tile for a stripe around the whole shower.  
The stripe will bring the accent color of the dark stones of the floor into the rest of the area. 
 I felt completely drained after shopping/deciding on what to get!
This is what the area looked like at the close of day yesterday!  Flooring is next!

8 comments:

  1. Picking out stuff is so hard. I had the same issue with the kitchen. It was exhausting. I am showing The Mister your bathroom progression in hopes of inspiring him. Our ugly shower needs upgrading like crazy but he's at the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" stage still. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh That is a pretty QOV! and yay - the sock monkey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful finish! It's so striking with the bold colors. And I love your bathroom plans. My landscape preference would be mountains!!! Chrisknits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Progress on all fronts! the quilt looks marvelous and I'm anxious to see your bathroom finish (as I'm sure you are too - lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying your bathroom transformation. It will be a long time before we get to doing ours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tile you’ve selected is great. I’d love to have a roomy shower, but mine is like a phone booth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks great! The bright colors are wonderful and the flags and star quilting is perfect. Yay for the sock monkey too. That will be fun.
    I really like the bench in your shower and all of the materials you've chosen to finish it. One of the condos we stayed at on Maui had little stone turtles swimming to drain in the shower floor. The floor was all pebblies too. I loved that shower and I think it's much like yours will be. How fun!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...