Tuesday, June 21, 2022

CALM

The blue socks are done-I don't know why I call them faux-cabled 
because it does have cables. 
I guess it is because you don't use a cable needle-just knit the left stitch before the right one and take them both off at the same time!  Easy!  These are  knit in Stroll Manatee Tonal.  
64 sts on #1 needles.
I played with some zentangle drawing for a bookmark. 
 It is indeed very relaxing to play with the different patterns.
Remember the replacement orchid I bought after trying to repot the three I used to have?  Well, it is blooming!  I am so proud of its efforts to be healthy again!  It was pretty pitiful when I bought it from the 1/2 off table!
It is an incredibly colored bloom!

8 comments:

  1. Now those are such pretty socks! And it looks cabled to me... a non-clever-knitter.... The orchid is just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks are beautiful and I appreciate the work all of those cables were. They are perfect though, and worth it. :-)
    The drawing is gorgeous to. We just watched a video of Yosemite National Park and saw a place where literally hundreds if not thousands, of those little rock piles were placed. It was amazing to see. I can't believe they haven't been knocked over through weather and people visiting.
    Have a great Tuesday!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful socks. Wonderful doodle, and you know I love the orchid. It's funny, the one I bought on clearance because it was half dead is doing way better than the ones I paid full price for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the sock finish!
    I love doing Zentangle too. It's very relaxing. Your drawing reminds me of the stitching projects I just ordered. Hint: think stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Calm” is the perfect title for this post. The soft, blue color of the socks, the meditative drawing, and the beautiful bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That orchid is a BEAUTIFUL color. All mine are done blooming for the season. Hoping to get blooms again next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrisknits-Everything is lovely! That orchid is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on the pretty socks and the amazing orchid! I also love the cairn bookmark. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SOME FINISHES!

The last 6 NICU incubator covers are finished!!!  I knuckled down and made sure I could stack them in the 'done' pile!  They are rea...