Wednesday, June 15, 2022

JUST LIFE

Bill met this pair at the pond the other day--they are Black Bellied Whistling Ducks;  they are a kind of tree nesting ducks but they don't quack, they really do whistle!
This guy was sunning on the driveway one morning warming up after the rain!  It is an Eastern Racer, one of the best snakes to have in your yard because while they startle you, they are good guards against rats and other vermin!
Inside, this has been the progress in the bathroom's renovation!  We are waiting now for the delivery of the glass shower doors!  Imagine, waiting for an order.....We are thrilled with our contractor's work-it looks just like we imagined!  
And if you haven't smiled yet this morning, you will now!  This is one of the early morning chats between father and son!
 

7 comments:

  1. Your shower is gorgeous!!! I got to Face Time with the new Grand yesterday and it was so much fun. Daughter and baby are quarantining in a bedroom away from SIL who has covid so she has plenty of time on her hands to chat with grandma which has been nice for me. Not so nice for her tho-she's worried sick about the baby. SIL was on a business trip to FL last week and came home sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shower. do not love the snake - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that snake is outside instead of in! We have lots of garter snakes in our back yard but I stay far, far away from them even though they're harmless. I had never heard of whistling ducks. I learn so much through my friends blogs. :-)
    Such a cute baby. I sure miss our little one so far away. Take care.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww - early morning conversations!!!
    And the snake... glad he is good for something

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shower stall looks fantastic!

    And you know I love the snake - he looks like he's on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whistling ducks - how interesting!! And the father and son conversation - sooooo cute! Made me smile for sure!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...