Monday, June 20, 2022

WEEKEND RECAP!

Saturday we headed toward Fernandina Beach early in the morning and ran into a T-storm but went over the river....
and through the woods....
to a beautiful resort
right next to the beach dunes.
Here is the whole family for a Father's Day gathering;  Cassandra's parents, Caleb and Matthew and grands!
After eating we all headed over the boardwalk to the beach.
Now, I will share a bucket list activity of mine-to stand on a surf board in the ocean.  (I left the surfing part out long ago!)  Caleb helped me get to this position...
but my inner balance is greatly impaired and I did this several times before..
I managed a victory pose!  I smiled all day!
 

7 comments:

  1. How fun! (And the picture of you falling off is a very fun one, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you!!! I bet it was fun. Seriously, if we could have found a decent house in Fernandina, we would still be in Florida. I don't regret moving here, but Fernandina will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a fun weekend and a beautiful place. Yay for Caleb helping you to stand on the surfboard. Love that series of photos. :-) Memories. You will always remember that moment.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful weekend! I love the surf board try out Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! How awesome you got a bucket list item check off!! I would love to actually know how to surf and do it for real, but at 61, I doubt that will happen. Just a little over 3 weeks until we hit Daytona with Squish!! It's going to be so much fun sharing the beach with her. Love the vase and the yarn is so squishy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great time! I had to laugh at the action photos. You are one brave lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...