Monday, June 6, 2022

SHOPPING FOR MATERIALS-

The men finished their work and took down the plastic which had covered everything BUT the cement dust was everywhere anyway! (it could've been a lot worse, I know!) I had to empty the linen cupboard and wash all the linens .  The medicine cabinets had to have all of the meds removed and cleaned.  I then waxed each cupboard to let the wood get a good drink!  That should be all of the super mess for this project!  Today, we will meet the contractor to purchase the supplies he needs to start the building of the walk-in shower!

I loaded up this QOV that a local woman made-I get to do the stitching!  I am getting a lot of tops done so that there is a frame-queue again! Today at quilting group, I will be making some more of the patriotic star blocks for my table runner.
 

7 comments:

  1. The bathroom work seems to be moving along quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tearing out part goes quickly but what a mess! I want to sand and paint my living rooms stairs when we re-tile the foyer but I don't think I can deal with it right now. I've been living amid the ruins for too long now as it is..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful vanity and cupboards. That is one things I've missed from our home in Spokane. The double vanity in the master bath was so nice. Each having a sink was a real luxury. I am grateful though, that we have a master bath at all in this house, small as it is.
    The quilt is a beautiful one. It's so kind of you to do the quilting on it.
    Have fun at your quilt group today!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find its the same with drywall. It doesn't matter how much plastic you put up, the dust gets everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing how far dust (and in our case - paint) can fly. Even though our house was totally wrapped in plastic, I still find things that got hit with a fine mist of paint.

    Talking about waxing the cabinets made me think I really need to orange oil the window frames in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s amazing how the tiniest particles of dust can escape the plastic barrier and accumulate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad I have never had that type of redo, we built from the ground up twice, and other remodels have been small potatoes! Love the QOV! Chriskntis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...