Monday, May 13, 2024

A PLAN B BOWL!

So the beautiful knobs and knots on the tree were 'freed' from the bowl when I began hollowing out the center.  I was so disheartened.  It took me a few days to get back to the project.
The bowl is pretty on its own
 even if my original goal was a bit skewed.
I love the grain and the smoothness of the wood. 
 I was able to keep the bark on the top rim,
 (called live edge) and the oval of the bowl is unusual.
The new bowl now holds my green rocks 
which go with my new woven table runner. 
 Sometimes you just have to get used to a new idea 
for it to be appreciated!  
The bowl is 12" long and 7" wide, oak.

6 comments:

  1. It’s gorgeous! The shape is wonderful! Definitely a successful plan b. -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I was splitting wood for my fire on Saturday and noticed how pretty it was inside. So many colors. You'd never think that looking at a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my how stunning!!! I love it. Sometimes a piece of wood knows just what it wants to be?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SEE ME FLIT!

I made some letters on the Cricut--I know it doesn't look like it but these will spell WELCOME on a new sign. I cut and painted the wood...