Wednesday, May 22, 2024

SOMETHING NEW!

Something new to me--no, not knitting socks 
but knitting Helical Stripes! 
I did have to watch YouTube several times but I did it and it is a really fun way to do the stripes without a job at the end (because there is no end!) and there is no carrying a color up of an inside thread.  I think this would work well with two colors of scrap yarn in the future, too.
 
Oh, and among projects Mom and I did, we also took a trip to the doctor's to x-ray Dad's wrist after a fall--yup, he broke the radius!  First time for a broken wrist and a cast-
nice to try something new at 91!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having so much fun! And love the color combo on the socks. Swift healing prayers for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stripes!! Sorry about your Dad's fall - glad it is a broken wrist rather than a hip. Sending all the healing juju his way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about those Helical socks all the time. I've watched the video but I just don't get it.
    Ouch....I bet your dad's not happy having to be in that cast all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun socks! So sorry to hear about your dad's fall. I hope he heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

COLOR ME GREEN

These table runners will be getting their binding today so they will be finished! I have these greens lined up on the design wall for a simp...