Friday, July 19, 2024

WOOD AND FLOWERS

This little bowl (4" wide and 3" high) is almost finished, I will be removing the tenon on the bottom and sign it first.
I do love the beautiful grain and deep color of this wood;  it is from a little chunk from a tree my sister cut down at her home in NY and I rescued it from the firewood stack!  
This is going to her for a thank you!
And the 'odd' flying saucer bowl I made last week has had a bit of work done on it;  I cut off the flange 
and  I like the way it looks a lot better.
A bit chipped off the side where there was a knot and I just smoothed off the dip and like what it adds to the look! 
I took a little tour after filling the bird feeders and enjoyed the flowers--your hibiscus,
blackberry lilies,
Passion fruit vines,
and even a fruit from the vine, 
Crinem, 
and one of the many pagoda plants!!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers and that's a sweet little bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very pretty flowers in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful bowls! I always wonder what the first person who ever saw a passion fruit flower thought of it. It looks very alien to me. They are a bit scary, pretty but scary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SO I SEWED

I worked hard to sew the last 5 rows together and then to the top 5 which were already sewn pre-Sepsis!  It was a lot of work and stumbling ...