Wednesday, July 3, 2024

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

I have been working on the finish on the outside of the the brown birch bowl-lots of sanding and Shellac, repeat!
But yesterday, I moved on to the the inside of the piece 
and made a bowl!  
I love to see the pile of shavings as I remove the wood to make it just so!
The putty has hardened and made a good repair in the crack (which was a chain saw stutter!
Today, I have to turn the bowl around and take off the tenon, 
sign it and take its glamour shots!

 And look what I have in the window over the lathe where I work!!!  An A/C unit! It's not enough to cool the whole garage to 74* but it sure will take the humidity and heat down and every little bit will be much appreciated!  

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bowl and very pretty fabrics you picked out the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bowl! My dad had a window unit in his garage where he did all his woodwork. He spent a lot of time out there so it must have helped some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bowl! We put an a/c in Dave's garage - the garage isn't insulated, so it could be better, but it does help to take the edge off when you have to be out there in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like I can smell the shavings! I grew up around a lot of whittling, so wood shavings make me happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a handsome bowl. What other talents do you have. I haven't been reading your blog long enough to know your many talents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT STITCHING

Piano key progress;  it is slow going but it is going. I made the four corner blocks  so now I only have to put all of the units together  a...