Sunday, July 14, 2024

MUD VISIT

It wasn't too crowded considering it was a Saturday, and the water was so refreshing in the 100* temperatures!

The water surging from the spring is channeled out here where it meanders to the St Johns River eventually. 
 Caleb and his son did some fishing here.  
Just catch and release. 
 We enjoyed  the antics of a blue crab, too.

Caleb did catch this Pleco by hand--it was like a dinosaur-ed fish because it was very scaled not with fish scales but with hard, sharp scales!  The fins at the top of his spine were all spines, too!  It was amazing and ancient looking!  After a wonderful few hours we hiked back to the car and to our house for a pool swim!
After dinner, Ella and I had some time to crochet--she wanted to make a stingray which is a great beginner project.
I made a black and white one from the plush yarn-too cute!
This one I added a mouth on the underside! 
 The day was perfect in every way!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Whoa....that fish is AMAZING! I've never seen anything like it. What a beauty. We don't have stingrays here in the bay but we do have skates that look just like them only smaller. When they put their wings up they look like sharks. They can give you a big scare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I hate that I can't crochet: the stingrays is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SEE ME FLIT!

I made some letters on the Cricut--I know it doesn't look like it but these will spell WELCOME on a new sign. I cut and painted the wood...