Thursday, July 25, 2024

MY WORK IS PLAY

The birdbath is set up again on its platform and the water is flowing!  Bill even weed whacked around the area 
so that it is very neat and functioning again!  
It doesn't take long to overheat outdoors so I was glad to head back inside and decided to face up to a much dreaded chore....winding a new warp.  I mess up the counting and get bored wrapping all of those threads so I can only work for half an hour at a time but I am 3/4 of the way done now 
and can't believe I was such a baby! I should've remembered my Mother's advice to give even 10 minutes a day to a distasteful task and it will get done!
There are so many threads for this pair of dish towels
 but I am getting excited for the next step which is one step closer to the weaving!  
(the next steps are winding, threading and sleying THEN weaving! lol)
When I couldn't stand any longer, I did a bit of this!  
Aren't they cute?! 

5 comments:

  1. I always take my winding in little bites. It is boring and if my mind wanders I'll make lots of mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little stuffies! I am trying to devote no less to 30 minutes a day to the garden - just so things don't get out of hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute little animals!! I like your moms advice - I should heed that - just 10 minutes... Shew ! Stary cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the birdbath all set up. I can imagine how happy the birds in your yard are with the water to relieve the heat for them.
    I do not understand weaving at all. The words are foreign to me but I sure do love the finished product. :-)
    Your amagarumi's are so cute. Are they for you or your grands?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Distasteful" is a tactful and elegant way to put it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SEE ME FLIT!

I made some letters on the Cricut--I know it doesn't look like it but these will spell WELCOME on a new sign. I cut and painted the wood...