Friday, April 21, 2017

Spun Out!


 I took the whole production outside so I could ply the last little bit of the Gulf Native wool and finish it up!
 I even wound it off the bobbin right away.
 A slight over spin but that usually relaxes after the washing!
 What an accomplishment!
463 yards of fingering weight yarn in this squishy, soft yarn.
Against all odds because I was getting zoomed by bikes, scooters and tyke trucks!
It plumped up after washing just right.
I am thinking I will dye it so that I can use it in a garment with the
cactus dyed rose yarn.
One other skein of this fiber I will dye a sage green and that will give me a full pound of this yarn.
Some Fair Isle knitting is in my future!

8 comments:

  1. That's a big skein!!! Spinning outside is the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gulf Native finish is beautiful! It is a big accomplishment. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! And, that's a lot of yarn! Congrats! How fun it'll be to dye it and use it in a project. It's such a cool feeling to spin yarn and make it into something. Much more so than using store bought yarn. I can't quite figure out the right word but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say. Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, that's a delicious-looking skein of yarn. I love how plush it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a whole lotta yarn! And it is gorgeous. Can't wait to see your dye job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - very inviting to knit with it! unfortunately I'll have to wait with spinning outside:( my wheel is repaired, but in this weather it'll get too cold in a few minutes:( and your "veranda" looks positively tropical - already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

Fernandina Festivities!

 Visiting youngest son and his family for an early Christmas.  It was so quiet and peaceful with just one family at a time!    The ki...