Friday, April 2, 2021

A Day of Painting....Again!

My friend and I started right in for our marathon of painting for the final time!    Goodbye golden yellow, hello sage green!   
Hours and hours later, I have a very different dining room!
It is calmer and a bit more formal looking to me!  I need to get used to this!  I ran out of energy after the big clean-up at the end of the day and didn't have the oomph to put back a few decorations.

I did take the time to appreciate the astromeria that are in bloom!  
And then I thoroughly enjoyed knitting in my recliner, cat at my side and The Desolation of Smaug on the screen.....
I have plans to finishing the 'putting to rights' the rest of the displaced items and then I will do a bit of piecing in the studio!  Nice and slow for a change!


 

7 comments:

  1. A friend who helps paint is a treasure! The color is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty and calming. It makes me wish we had gone for a bit of color but I guess that can always be added can't it?
    Our painters finally finished last night around 8:00. Apparently it took 3 coats in places and they used a good quality paint too. I didn't realize how bad the walls were before. Hopefully this has brightened it up.
    Wishing you a calm, relaxing day as we prepare for Easter.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting is so much more work than you think it's going to be. I was just thinking that it was a year ago that we tore the living area apart to paint in anticipation of the adjoining kitchen remodel and here we are still living out of boxes a year later. You just gotta laugh....in about six weeks we should be able to get started again-a year older though. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sage is very pretty and yes . . . calming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sage is very calming. But I like the gold/yellow, too.
    As much as I like color in other people's houses, I always go for white for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only time I see Astromeria around here is in flower bouquets at the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...